Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Shut-Update Tuesday August 8, 2006


OK!!!
So they made me an offer I didn't refuse. I really wasn't trying to play hardball.
My manager called me and offered full health benefits ( medical, dental and vision,....mental would have been nice too) and a full-time (ish) hourly wage that is more than they were paying previously.
Full time-ish means hopefully ,I can work as little as 32 hours per week and still be considered full-time. Which means quickie lunches and staying 1/2 an hour later daily.....this I can handle. For a 4 day work week. I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.For a while anyway. My fanclub at Kravet is rejoicing I hear....
And all the fabric I can haul home.......
This is an example of a slap and sew thing made with discontinued memo samples....
It's a lumberjack quilt top and its OK!!!Especially loverley with the vintage lawn chairs and the outta control barberry. I did not receive the overachiever award during the sewing retreat.Even though I did complete an entire quilt top. Something about a minimum amount of piecing and maximum block size. Details!!! whatever!.......This one will be quickie quilted and for sale at the next upcoming show I will be vending. Please let your lumberjack friends know!

3 comments:

Mrs. Robinson said...

congratulations!!
That's awesome. You drive a hard bargin even when your not trying to.
Love the lumberjack quilt! the blog looks even more lovely on the new laptop....up and running...just trying to figure it all out.

phlegmfatale said...

WOW - congrats on the truncated work arrangement, and 4 day work weeks are SO much better! Love the lumberjack quilt - now I'll be humming that song all day!

phlegmfatale said...

WOW - congrats on the truncated work arrangement, and 4 day work weeks are SO much better! Love the lumberjack quilt - now I'll be humming that song all day!