Wednesday, July 19, 2006

over it!!!!!!!!!!


Well obviously the annual family 4th of July wouldn't be complete with out some CRACK so here ya go. Courtesy of my 11yr old niece Bailey( enabler) and 14 yr old niece Taelor( addict). We were headed down to the boat for some fireworks on the lake. Never a dull moment.

Since I was unable to download a photo of the stash of striped fabrics I have acquired recently, I thought the butt shot might lessen the disappointment. Maybe not. Ok! on to the title of this post.....

Sometimes I surprise myself with what I look forward to and / or dread and what the actual result in reality is!
Case in point: going back to work at the Mart.
I was looking forward to it, truly.
Now that a week has come and gone I have to admit
I'M OVER IT! who knew it would come with such lightening speed?
I'm blaming it on a combination of many things:
1. My vocation in life. This used to be a job that made me feel like I was doing something that was directly related to my passion/knowledge/education.NOW= Trained monkey w/staple gun.
2.My direction in life. Now I am pursuing this independant/machine quilting/flower farmer/quiltmaker/quilt history studies/lecturer/teacher/quilt shop wanna be owner direction.NOW= feels like a step or two back.
3. Capacity to endure tales /trials of dysfunction in the(previous) work place.I used to just let it erode by the slow drip method. NOW= My perspective is crystal clear and my precious mental health just wont allow it!! It saddens me to see several of my friends still enduring. And the perpetrators are becoming even worse!
4. Current job stupidity. Working with unorganized cheap companies that hire inexperienced help that can't even speak clearly!what? WHAT???? Always time to do the job over again but never time to do it right the first time.NOW= I just hope I can hang on and work through this temporary situation until the end.
5. Superior additude. Been there done that . I'm EVOLVING ... Experiencing personal growth!Working towards goals. Movin' on kids!! Not settling into a comfort zone ! WHAT A RELIEF to realize this!!!

No comments: