As you can see, it has been quite a while
since my last post.
I do believe there are a few things I must update you on.
1. Not at the quilting machine job anymore.
(surprise surprise do I ever work anywhere more than 3 months at a time??)Got wierd very quickly...more later!!!!!
2.Went back to the greenhouse the day after I decided to quit the previous job. Was greeted with much joy and relief...would not let me leave unless I agreed to work there.
3. Left to go paint houses in June after greenhouse owner announced he was closing Fathers day.( not a bad living working 5 months out of the year...huh!)
4. have been painting houses (interior,exterior, new construction and existing) since.
5. claw hand is holding up quite nicely. thank you.....thanks to
6. hot wax home spa hot hot yowza
7. girls girls girls!!!!!4 Buff Orpingtons and 4 Auracanas ..they are now older teenagers and have moved into their permanent residency next to the grain shed. When they were babies living in a U-haul box in my studio I would hold each and every one of them everyday. When they graduated into the moveable coop it became harder to catch them to hold them. The coop was too large for me to reach into all areas of it. Now I can walk into their enclosure and force my lovin on them.
well maybe 3 of them..But I'm not giving up. I have one very special girl ..she is one of the Buff Orpingtons and I've named her Trixie Chicken. She likes to be held..will actually climb on to my leg from the ramp and sit in my lap for as long as I will let her. I have my own sideshow in the backyard for whoever is willing to watch my trick chickenshow.Eggspecting sometime this fall
8. Weeding weeding weeding my flower beds....
9. Getting geared up for the annual summer Wawasee/Shipshe quilting/antiqueing/eating/drinking retreat. I've decided to take inventory of all of my antique and vintage blocks and parts and put some together with other blocks of the same era or some reproduction fabrics from the period.I haven't yet decided which ones...but Yoders is fantastic for fabric choices. I am also going to take this time to get aquainted with my newly refurbished (old) Singer Featherweight (Thanks Mom!) that was gifted to me on my Birthday this year.(those of you who do not know......it was spotted sitting out in the weather on my mom's neighbors front deck.One step away from the garbage truck!!!!! )
Also....my mom is a Pied Piper of sorts...old Singer sewing machines just come to her,as well as stray cats and unfortuately small obnoxious children....But as I was saying.......just a few small repairs and a new part and she's sewing fine! Plus I got a new softsided case for it to live in!
Now I'm no longer the only one in our group that doesn't have one.Cause I can only afford FREE.
10 .Farmer's Market. Have done it twice now....will do again later on when veggies start coming in. Doing 3 kinds of Heirloom tomatoes and 4 hot peppers and 7 different colored bell peppers , small watermelons,cantaloupe and brussel sprouts.Sold Hollyhock,morning glory,catnip,lemon balm,heirloom tomato plants, zinnia and cosmos starts.Fresh cut flowers too. Organic catnip was the surprise hit at $2 for a snack size bag!! Also brought some designer fabric samples and hand-dyed muslin and hung a quilt each time to promote my longarm quilting services.This took a lot of work and energy and I've decided I cannot do it every weekend.Especially with painting houses full time and
11. Machine quilting too.Still. I don't get as much done in the Summer simply because I cannot stand to be indoors when the weather is so inviting.End of discussion. Everybody knows its a long, cold ,dark and dreary winter in these parts. Thats prime quilting time.
12.Motorcycle riding whenever I can get Alien boy to go. Daylights burnin!! Next week is Porter County Fair. Woohoo.Tractors!!Combine Demo Derby!! More farm animals!! Snarf Bunnies!! Jumbo Roosters!!Revenge of the Corn Dog!!Pig Racing!!We are so there.
So in retrospect, I have been a busy girl!!!! I just hope my fanclub masses can forgive me for the absence of bloggage. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!!!bwaaahaaaaaaa